Because Family Law also requires an expertise in Business Law, a thorough understanding of the two disciplines is essential in providing you a complete service.
Additionally we are able to provide a full service in matters of Conveyancing as well as Wills and Probate.
Schetzer Constantinou’s Family Law Team, led by Jim Constantinou and David Schetzer, an accredited Family Lawyer, offer a comprehensive, pragmatic and personalised service which prioritises commercial reality in all areas of Family Law including divorce, child and property matters and defacto/domestic partnerships.
The promotion of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms is a strong priority of the team. Recognising the complex emotional, social and financial repercussions of relationship breakdowns, our team is focused towards obtaining the optimum outcome for clients.
Our team is experienced in working closely with recognised experts in related fields, such as counsellors, psychologists, accountants and valuers.
Schetzer Constantinou offers legal services and an understanding of all areas of Family Law including:
- Agreements and Orders
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Appeals - Family Court and Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- Arrangements for Children
- Child Support
- Children's Issues
- Collaborative Law
- Complex Company and Trust Structures
- Contravention Applications
- De Facto Agreements
- Domestic Relationships
- Enforcement Applications
- Estate Planning after separation
- Family Business and Trusts
- Family Dispute Resolution
- Financial Agreements including Pe-nuptial Agreements
- Financial Settlements
- Hague Convention matters
- Independent Children's Lawyer (ICL)
- Intervention Orders (IVOs) - family violence and personal safety, breaches and appeals
- Magellan List matters
- Matters invovling DHHS
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Property Settlements
- Residence and Contact (including grandparents)
- Same Sex Couple Agreements/Settlement
- Separation and Divorce
- Spousal Maintenance
- Superannuation Splitting
- Your Rights
Schetzer Constantinou appreciates the special requirements of business ownership including sale and purchases. Our team is able to advise on all aspects of operating a business and acquiring and selling one.
Peter Haug and Jim Constantinou have acted for a number of small businesses, for a number of years and has been involved in major commercial transactions, including acting for small shareholders in a reputable clothing company acquired by a private equity fund and many significant sales of businesses including publicly listed companies.
Schetzer Constantinou offers legal services and a thorough understanding of all aspects of Business Law including:
- Sale and Purchase of Business
- Shareholders Agreements
- Due Diligence
- Agreements - particularly as they relate to small businesses
- Property Transactions
- Commercial Leasing
- Mortgages and Guarantees
A Will is a legal document that sets out how you want your assets* to be distributed upon your death. It gives you the opportunity to provide for your family and friends after you die.
Schetzer Constantinou can:
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements so your will is properly drawn up, correctly signed and witnessed
- Ensure beneficiaries are provided for, for example through the creation of a trust
- Ensure your wishes are clearly expressed in the Will and the Will suits your situation and circumstances
- Advise on whether a current or old Will should be changed to reflect new circumstances
- Advise on what circumstances your Will could be contested and how you can prevent or reduce the chances of this occurring
- Advise on whether you can make a claim from an estate and the likelihood of success
- Pursue a claim on your behalf
- Advise on the role of an administrator
- Represent your interests in relation to any court matter
- Advise executors on their obligations under a Will and pursuant to the law
- Advise on what happens where there is no Executor
- Provide advice where there appears to be an ambiguity in a Will
Assets* can include:
- Clothes and jewellery
- Insurance policies
- Superannuation entitlement
- Any other goods you own at the time of your death